Monday, February 16, 2015

"Survive being single", or "Enjoy being single"

For starters,I was in a relationship once. Gotta admit, it was fun. I always knew that I had someone I could fall back upon. Someone to catch me. It's different now. So, basically, either you can "survive being single", or "enjoy being single". I'll do the second one.

    Re-Evaluate Yourself.

    So, what is the one thing people in relationships seem to complain about?
    That's right. Loss of freedom.
    Being single, you have that in spades. So, if you are not capitalizing, not exploiting that freedom, you have no use being single. Now, how do you exploit that freedom? You explore your options. Some people are single because they are impossible to be with. You can't stand them. Find out if that's the case with you. Befriend random strangers, ask out crushes, enjoy your repartee with the hot bartender, thing like that. Make sure that your being single is a choice, and not by force. This realization gives you a tremendous ego and confidence boost. Now you know for a fact, that you are like-able, and you don't brood over being single, because you know you can change it any day, any time.

    Love Yourself.

    No joke, but, being in a relationship can be costly at times. No, no, literally costly, like in financial terms. Even if you each pay your half of the share, you can't just eat at a roadside stall, and save some dough. Being single saves that green. Take yourself out. Rather than 10 dates each costing some money, save that up, and go out some place fancy yourself. Do something you always wanted to do. Buy an expensive drink, shop like a maniac, anything that makes you happy. Personally, I think, a fine meal solves half of the world's problems. Try that.

    Don't Fade Away.

    A phenomena that I notice among single people is a huge disregard to personal hygiene, and appearance. Some might call it being lazy. Fine by me. I am the laziest SOB on the planet. I've been a couch potato for so long, that I think I am growing roots. But, when you go out, at least take a bath, comb your hair, put on something nice. Don't be acting like a hippie just because you don't want to be in a relationship. Trust me, being single, and then being the most unattractive person in the room, doesn't help a lot. You slowly start to grow more and more apathetic towards yourself. Not a good sign. This is how you go into the depression limbo.

    Socialize.

    Remember one thing loud and clear - never let go of your friends when in a relationship, because if it doesn't work out for any reason, you'll be left alone, and you just might not want to handle the dual rejection simultaneously. Being single gives you flexibility. You can now volunteer to host a party with your friends, or help them move. Since you don't have prior engagements, and you get the weekend off, help out a friend in need. If you don't have friends, go to the nearest Soup kitchen, or anything of that kind, and volunteer. You were spending your time making someone else happy. Now, you're single, don't change that.

    Self Investment.

    So you say, you don't have hobbies. Cultivate them. Find something that gives you pleasure, and indulge yourself in it. For me, it was writing. I didn't know it when I was in a relationship. After, we broke up, one fine day, I realized, why don't I use all the fancy vocabulary I used with her during chats and write something actually useful. I started with long Facebook statuses, then Facebook notes, and finally I hit the Quora jackpot. It's never too late to learn a new language, or learn how to dance, or play the piano, or work out, or learn to cook. That way, you stop "looking for the right girl/guy", and focus on "being the right guy/girl".

    Adventure.

    With no one and nothing to hold you back, it's time to take some risks. You can do something I used to do a lot. What you do is, take some bare minimum cash, (remember bare minimum), and travel to some place you've never been to before. I remember the time, I went over to a nearby village which didn't even have cellphone reception. If possible, stay away from phones. Take a day or two off work, and just go out. You'll be surprised at the number of places you can visit to calm down your soul which aren't too far away. Just buy a bottle of whiskey (or whatever drink you like), a bag of chips or any snacks, and get lost. I asked you to take very little money because that spikes the adventure factor. You try to find your way back while fitting into your stipulated budget. Trust me, it's fun.

    Stop Whining.

    Now, the harsh point. You choose to be single. So, don't bitch and whine about it. There will be lonely nights, awkward afternoons, and single serving dinners, but, remember, you chose your path. There are bigger problems on earth than being or not being in a relationship. Trying learning about them. Read blogs, read the news, and pretty soon, you will actually be afraid of talking to people, leave alone being in a relationship. And don't ever, ever confuse boredom or lust with being lonely. Some people are in a relationship only because they're horny or they're bored. Read a book, or masturbate. Don't waste someone else's time for your amusement.


Guess, that's about it. Have fun.

Source:Internet

PS: "This is not My Story, But Story from Internet"

No comments: