Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Stroy about presence of mind : Boy & Shopkeeper

I live in a small town. This was the time when I was in class 3. My brother and I used to go to school by walk. On the way between my school and home, there used to be a mela every Thursday.
We used to visit the mela and we tried to see every shop.
On one such visit , I went to a toy shop with my brother ,
I didn't have much money to buy anything but pretended as if I had.
I started checking each toy.
After 5 minute , I made a face as if I didn't like any toy.
I started walking away from shop when the shopkeeper called me and started speaking to me:
Shopkeeper,"You have seen my toys , you have to pay ".
Me,"but I haven't taken your toy ".
Shopkeeper, You have touched my toys and you have also wasted our time. I will not let you go unless you pay".
My brother was about to cry and I was imaging how my mother was going to react.

I don't know how but suddenly an idea hit my mind. I found two 25 paise coins(one in my pocket and another in my brother's bag). I took both coins in my hand and I shook my hand so that a jingling sound came from those coins.
Me,"I  saw your toys, you heard the sound of my coins, now we are done ".

I walked away with a feeling of pride and that shopkeeper, well he had a smile on his face.
When i went to home, I told my mother about the incident. She was so happy for me  and for next 2-3 years she told every guest about this incident and how I had used my presence of mind.

No comments: